Thursday, August 9, 2012

My 5th grader is now a teacher?!

This afternoon at the end of a district training, this beautiful young lady approached me.  She said, "You are Ms. ?" and I said, "Mrs. Konecny."  She replied with, "I'm T.V. (to protect her privacy, not naming her)."  Wow.  She was one of my 5th grade students at Stanley Elementary about 10 years ago...which is why she didn't know my married name.   She will be student-teaching in 2nd grade during the Spring Semester this year.  It was very fun to see her "all grown up" and know that she wanted to come over and say "hi" to me.  I gave her a little bit of advice, NETWORK and share things with others and then handed her my business card saying if she needed any thing, just ask I might have some resources.

Still not sure if I think that whole thing is "cool," or if it makes me feel OLD.  LOL

No comments: