Monday, August 6, 2012

Can you believe it?

Today is my last day of "freedom" for the summer!  Where has all the time gone?  My last blog post was "School's Out for Summer."  I can see that I was not very faithful about posting. 

Well, hang on for a couple of days and I will be posting pictures of my classroom.  This year I am decorating with Sweden and bright colors/polka dots.  I teach in an I.B. school  and my teammate and I decided we would use a country for decoration and spring board to learning.  He is using the United Kingdom and I chose Sweden since that is the country that my father's family came from.  Today, I am ironing Swedish flags to use as curtains and hope to borrow my dad's dala horse to hang outside my classroom door. (I'll have to sweet-talk my dad into helping me install it, too.)

Speaking of "sweet-talking".....I am SO blessed that my family helps me with all of my classroom stuff!  Last night, Patrick was pounding grommets into my Swedish flags so that I can use them as curtains.  For 16 years my parents, husband, "other mother," bestie--Lisa, and others have been so kind and generous to help me make/build things, help with decor, and supplies for my classroom.  I couldn't have done it without you!  Oh, and don't worry, I'll keep asking for help, too!  :)

2 comments:

Monica said...

Blessings for a great school year, your students are blessed to have you!!

Kim Konecny said...

THANK YOU, Monica!