Tuesday, December 27, 2011

What'd ya get for Christmas?

I remember when I was younger and all of my cousins would get together at my Grandma's house for Christmas Day in the afternoon.  The first thing we did was compare what gifts we got at Christmas.  Shouts of, "What'd ya get for Christmas?" filled the living room and were followed by, "What was your favorite gift?"

I still enjoy getting gifts, but find joy in GIVING.  It's a challenge for me to find "just the perfect gift" for the ones I love and an even bigger challenge to keep it a secret until they open the gift.  I get SO excited!  *Do any of my blogger friends have suggestions as to how you can find "the perfect gift?"  Do you ask the person for a list?  Do you spy on them?  What do you do? * 

One of my favorite gifts this year was from Patrick.  A Fancy Nancy doll.  She is a character from children's books written by Jane O'Connor.  He worked to find a Fancy Nancy doll who has a purple skirt and is adorable.  He would ask me, "Is there a CERTAIN Fancy Nancy doll you want?"  Apparently, there are many to chose from along with many outfits.  Here's a picture of her with her Christmas book I purchased the day after Christmas at 50% off with a gift card from Barnes and Noble and a book that Patrick gave me.


So, the kid in me still wants to ask, "What'd ya get for Christmas?"  If you would like to share, please post a comment on here!  

I wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments: