Thursday, December 8, 2011

Motivation? Is that something you can buy online?

I can hardly believe that today is December 8!  I should be grading papers right now, but can't seem to make myself do it.  I have been feeling somewhat....what's the word I am looking for....upset at all the time my job is taking.  I work nearly every night until 5 or 6pm and then still have papers to grade.  (Now, that's 2-3 hours per day "over time" without pay.)  One would think that after doing this job for 15+ years, I'd have a better system, right?  That's what my Dad thinks. I don't want to sound like I am just complaining, especially at this time of year.  I just can't seem to find the motivation to get it all done.  It's like I'm thinking, "Well, I've already worked 2 hours extra planning and preparing and getting things ready. I'm tired.  Why should I have to work more?"  Well, because there is more to get done!   Last night, I just enjoyed sitting in front of the TV for two hours, not thinking or worrying about everything that isn't getting done.  (sigh)

Well, maybe now that I've gotten that out of my system, I can get something done.  LOL

No comments: