Friday, July 1, 2011

Motivation to Exercise

Ok, blogger friends, I want to pose a question:  How do you stay motivated to exercise?

Right now, I don't have "an exercise buddy" that is located near me who I can go with and I can very easily talk myself out of exercising.

Here's a list of things I've tried and they either don't work for me or I've lost interest or I may try again.

  • Daily walks with the dog
  • Keeping an exercise journal on my computer
  • Keeping an exercise chart (on paper)
  • Playing the Wii
  • Being accountable to a friend
  • Have a contest with Mom (how many minutes a day each person did since we like different activities and can't go together)
Please post your ideas!  :)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Let me know if you get any good ones, cuz this chica needs some too!

Kim Konecny said...

Lisa:
I'm hoping to get some more ideas...I'll let you know if I do. :)

Mrs. S. said...

The dog really enjoys walking for the sake of sniffing and just being a dog. I love my doggies so much that I'll walk just for them! :) Just try to feel guilty and sorry for the poor baby if you don't walk him/her. :)

Melly<><

Second Grade Strategies for Sizzlin' Second Graders!

The Yellow Rocking Chair

Kim Konecny said...

Ha ha...great idea, Mrs. S! Maybe I can guilt myself into walking with the dog! It has been SO hot here (more then 40 days with 100+ degree temps.) that neither of us had wanted to go outside. It wasn't even cooling down in the mornings or evenings. Maybe we (Parker and I) can go walking more now once it gets cooler. Now I have the challenge of fitting exercise into my new routine with teaching... :)