Friday, June 5, 2015

Well, hello, summer!

Whew--it is definitely summer in the Plains!  June 5th and the temperatures are rising!  We were spoiled by a cool and rainy April and May.  I am choosing to blog instead of mow the grass. 

I have been neglecting my blog and thought it might be fun to get back into it!  If you follow me on Facebook, you probably have already seen all of these photos, but I figured it would be good practice for me to get back into blogging.

Patrick and I really enjoyed seeing The Steve Miller Band at Hartman Area on May 28.  I am still getting used to taking pictures using my phone, so this is the best one I got that night.

Then, the very next night, at the Wichita RiverFestival, we got to see one of our newest favorite bands, Split Lip Rayfield.  They are a rockin' bluegrass band.  It is not your "traditional" bluegrass, this is mosh-pit, stand up next to the stage kind-of music.  If you don't know anything about Split Lip Rayfield, you need to know that the bass player made his own instrument out of a car gas tank.

Patrick and I then enjoyed some good, ole' fashioned cowboy music on Wednesday, June 3 at RiverFestival by the Cherokee Maidens and Riders in the Sky.
As you can see, my husband & I have an eclectic taste in music!

I couldn't pass up a snow cone at the Riverfestival.  I used to sell snow cones as a small business when I was in college.  This snow cone cost me $3!  Twenty or so years ago I sold the same thing for 75 cents! 

*I'd love to have you comment on what you are doing this summer!*



No comments: